Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NES #2: Solitaire


Really Nes? You're playing Solitaire? Why don't you play a real game already!!

I know, playing Solitaire seems like a cheap way to get another completion on my list, but I do actually have fond memories of this one. I remember playing this game all the time when I was a freshman in college and most of my other games were packed away. At the time it was just about the rarest game I had in my whole collection. It wasn't the most glamorous rare game out there, but I was still a little proud of it. And besides, look at that nice beach scene! It makes me want to go down to the equator and sip on a fruity drink with nobody around to talk to but my deck of cards. If that don't make you want to play Solitaire than I don't know what will!

So there's not really much to complete on this game. You just pop it in and play around till you've won a game. You only have to win one game and you've seen just about everything this one has to offer. You can deal either one card or three cards, but that's about the only variation. You can also change the backs and the colors of the cards. When I was in college I tried to beat this game with every design in every color. I guess I should have been studying for my finals, but it all worked out alright. I'm not going to get that obsessive about it today. I actually played this game for about a half hour, which was about 25 minutes longer than I expected. I guess my Solitaire skills aren't what they used to be.

So that's about it for this one. I promise I will play a real game next with actual levels and maybe even an ending to speak of. It was fun revisiting my past, although I probably should've been listening to Uncle Tupelo or Pavement to truly recreate my college experience. That's probably as close as I'd ever like to get though.

No comments:

Post a Comment