Thursday, June 9, 2011

The year in review

Well it's been exactly a year since I started this blog. Since then I've lost forty pounds, got glasses, and grew out a giant mustache. Okay so I only did two of those things, but I'm gonna let you figure out which ones. My original premise for this blog was to play for a year and see how many games I could beat. I'm not going to end the blog, but I am going to stop and look back at my stats. First here's how many games I beat.

NES - 34
Sega Master System - 1
Super Nintendo - 2
Turbo Grafx - 1
DS - 1
Sega Genesis - 4
PS2 - 1
Sega CD - 1
Wii - 1
N64 - 1 (but I haven't written about it yet)

47 games

Of those games I beat 16 for the first time. As you can see, it was a very NES heavy year. That is the system that I have the most games for, and also the one I've had the longest. I beat all the easy ones last year though, so don't expect me to do that well this year. In the coming year I will probably play more 16 bit systems and even some modern games. I might also profile some Atari games that don't actually end. I'm still trying to think of how to do that on here, so bear with me.

Well here's the notable games for the year. I couldn't think of that many categories, so this shouldn't take so long.

Game I had the most fun playing through:

Dragon Warrior 3 - This game was simply an amazing experience, and one of the richest on the whole NES. I had such a sense of accomplishment after it was over that I couldn't hardly play games for a while. I knew nothing would be as satisfying as DW3

Game I had the least fun playing through:

Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland - This game was boring, tedious, and way too easy. It's fun if you like to play the same levels over and over again. I know that I don't unless they are very fun. Well at least I only had to play it twice. Hopefully I'll never have to play it again.

Game that was surprisingly hard :

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out - I figured that since I had done it once I could do it again, but it turned out to still be a big challenge. I still have endless amounts of trouble with Mr. Sandman. It was great to play an old game like this and still get a good challenge.

Game that was surprisingly easy:

Life Force - This game is known for being hard, but this time I just breezed through it. I remember playing this game for hours and hours when I was young, and now it takes me twenty minutes. It's still a good game though. I guess I just have it memorized.

So that's it for my year in review. This blog has been fun to write, and I hope some of you have enjoyed reading it. I guess 47 is the number to beat, but I'll probably be happy if I can get half that. I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out. How's that for suspense?

1 comment:

  1. You need to beat one of the little big planet games. Because it is mostly focused on level sharing, it should not take any time to finish the disk packaged levels !! :)

    ReplyDelete