Friday, July 30, 2010

Activision Patch Project #1

Okay so let's see what patches I can attach to my virtual jacket this time around.

River Raid - 15,000 points
This seems to be one of the easier patches to get, although it might be because I've played this one so much. It doesn't seem too unusual though that the more popular games had easier challenges. Getting the patch so easily would likely get someone hooked and then move on to the less revered games like Laser Blast and Oink. I really don't have too much to say about this one. You've probably already played it if you're an Atari fan, and if you're not than you probably don't care too much anyway.

Megamania - 45,000 Points
Megamania is one of those games that I start to get good at and think I can play forever, and then I'll quickly get to a level that completely wipes me out. I always do this with Atari games. There are people out there that are so good at them. I just want to be one of the elite someday! This point thankfully came after I got the required points for my virtual patch. This game is actually better than I remembered. I used to think that it was nothing more than a Space Invaders clone, which it is, but it does have more variety and some original ideas thrown in there. I do wish that the patch itself was a little more interesting. With a name like Megamania I was expecting something really zany. Instead I get a couple of random shapes spinning around on the screen just like they never do in the actual game. Oh well at least I have the satisfaction of earning it.

Sea Quest - 50,000 points
Now here's what I was talking about with River Raid. Sea Quest is probably one of the lesser games in the early Activision catalog, so it has a higher score to obtain. You'd probably see it in the store and think "well it doesn't look that fun, but just think about how awesome the patch would be." Then you get the game home and find out you gotta get 50,000 points! Some games they just didn't feel like making as many patches for. It was actually just a medium challenge, and the game isn't actually too bad when you get used to it. At first I though it was gonna be a real endurance just to play it long enough to get 50,000 points. So yeah I get an okay patch for it. It's sorta got a sideways thing going on. Green rainbows are always nice I suppose. Yeah, I'm probably gonna put this one on the armpit of my Atari jacket. I guess something needs to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment